What is Accreditation
Accreditation is a process that ensures that an Instructor is operating within accepted community, legal and industry standards. KRMAS Instructors are accreditated with Australian Karate Federation, Kung Fu Wushu Australia and the Martial Arts Industry Association
It is extremely important that any Martial Arts Instructor you engage the services of meets these requirements. Ask to see their ‘Accreditation Card’ for verification. If they don’t have one – they unfortunately are NOT Accredited.
All Kumiai Ryu Martial Arts Instructors have met the following Accreditation criteria –
- Verifies the MARTIAL ARTS bona fides of an instructor
- Ensures the Instructor has a minimum first aid qualification
- Ensures the Instructor has a minimum training standard in: Instructing Principles, Sports Psychology, Sports Medicine, Communication, Training Methods and Legal responsibilities.
- Ensures an Instructor has a minimum training standard in what constitutes safe practice in exercise
- Ensures the Instructor has a minimum training standard in what the Instructor’s responsibilities are under Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensures the Instructor has a minimum training standard in what the Instructors responsibilities are under the appropriate consumer protection legislation for the State in which they teach
- Ensures the Instructor has a minimum training standard in what the Instructor’s responsibilities are in dealing with complaints involving sexual harassment and discrimination in the martial arts industry.
- Ensures that the consumer is dealing with an Instructor that is bound by The National Code of Practice for Martial Arts Instructors
AN INSTRUCTOR IS RECOGNISED AS ACCREDITED IF THE INSTRUCTOR:
Is bound by the National Code of Conduct and carries appropriate levels of public liability and professional indemnity insurance and:
- Is an Accredited Instructor with the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme - NCAS (administered by the Australian Sports Commission) or
- Is an Accredited Instructor with the National Martial Arts Instructors Accreditation Scheme (administered by the MAIA) or
- Is an Accredited martial arts/self-defense Instructor with the Australian National Training Authority and is so qualified as a trainer under the Vocational Education and Training Accreditation Act 1990.
If you wish to check on the Accreditation status of an Instructor you can enquire by visiting www.maia.com.au or download the MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR FINDER APP - iTunes store link: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/maia/id869238255?mt=8 - Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appxpert.martialart